Today ÉRB had the opportunity to be a part of the EMS Week kick off. Students had the opportunity to learn more about the services that EMS provides. Students got tours of an ambulance, fire truck, MIRV, and police car. They also had the chance to brush up on their bicycle safety, learn about calling 911 and how services are dispatched. They even got to take home their own first aid kits. Thanks to all the EMS staff that came out today! It was a great experience for everyone!
Congratulations to all of ÉRB’s badminton club participants! You all have shown a great deal of growth in your skills and knowledge of the game. Hope that you enjoyed your time! Yesterday 12 selected students had the opportunity to participate in our annual Strathmillan/Stevenson/Robert Browning badminton tournament. All participants played very well and were great sports. You’ve done École Robert Browning proud.
In the coming weeks students will have the opportunity to get a taste for geocaching.
What is geocaching?
It’s a global gps-powered treasure hunt.
How many geocaches are hidden worldwide?
Over 2 million!
Students will be using divisional GPSs to hunt for geocaches hidden in our school grounds by M. Vermeylen.
If you are looking for more information regarding geocaching and how you can get involved with your child and family at home check out http://www.geocaching.com
Good luck and happy caching!
1. Marathon Club Super Run Sign Up – Deadline May 27th
- Any participants from your family that are planning on running in the Father’s Day events on June 15 are welcome to sign up as part of the École Robert Browning team. Race kits will be picked up directly by M. Vermeylen. This will save you the trip down to the university the weekend of the race.
2. Grade Four and Five Track/Field Day – May 27th (Rain Date June 6th)
- Please be sure that your son/daughter has returned their track/field permission form to their homeroom teacher prior to our school outing. Students will be spending the entire day at John Taylor Collegiate. Busses are provided.
3. Badminton Tournament – May 22nd @ Strathmillan School
- Students that are participating in the badminton tournament need to have their permission forms in to M. Vermeylen ASAP. All students are required to find their own transportation to and from the tournament. We will be done at 3:30pm.
4. Tabloid Day – June 18th (Rain Date June 19th)
- Mark your calendars! This year our tabloid day will take place on June 18th. Students from the grade five classes will be running a variety of stations for our students from K-4. Students will spend the afternoon participating in a variety of activities with the chance of cashing in their success at stations for prizes. Please contact Mme Kirk if you are able to volunteer on that day.