Our week started off with a bit of disappointment for our grade 4 and 5 students. Our divisional track and field was rained out for a second time and therefore was cancelled for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed that next May we have better weather and we can run the meet. Our grade 5s had the chance to participate last year and our grade 4s will hopefully have the chance next year, so it’s not the end of the world.
The week in Phys. Ed. was pretty routine here. We did a bit of striking, some throwing activities and also played Hula Hut Throw Down (one of our favourite games…or at least one of my favourite games). Next week we will continue down a similar path. Next week the grade 5 badminton club will be participating in our annual tournament with Strathmillan School and Stevenson-Britannia School. Best of luck to all our participants. Grade 5s will also be starting to plan for our Tabloid Day (June 22nd). Still lots of exciting things to come in June!
This past week in Phys. Ed. we had a special event for all of our Grade 4 and 5 students. Our divisional track and field day was held on May 26th, and it couldn’t have been a nicer day. Students had the opportunity to participate in a variety of track and field events including: 100m, 200m, 30m hurdles, long jump, disc throw, ball throw and many others. Congratulations to all participants, hopefully we’ve made you track and field fans for life!
In regular PE time we took a break from soccer and kicking and spent some time playing low organized games to really get us moving. As we move into June and the weather improves we will be heading outdoors to do some geocaching along with some other outdoor activities. Coming up soon, on June 19th, we will having our tabloid day. This is a very popular event when students have the entire afternoon to test their skills at stations created by the grade 5 students at ÉRB.
1. Marathon Club Super Run Sign Up – Deadline May 27th
- Any participants from your family that are planning on running in the Father’s Day events on June 15 are welcome to sign up as part of the École Robert Browning team. Race kits will be picked up directly by M. Vermeylen. This will save you the trip down to the university the weekend of the race.
2. Grade Four and Five Track/Field Day – May 27th (Rain Date June 6th)
- Please be sure that your son/daughter has returned their track/field permission form to their homeroom teacher prior to our school outing. Students will be spending the entire day at John Taylor Collegiate. Busses are provided.
3. Badminton Tournament – May 22nd @ Strathmillan School
- Students that are participating in the badminton tournament need to have their permission forms in to M. Vermeylen ASAP. All students are required to find their own transportation to and from the tournament. We will be done at 3:30pm.
4. Tabloid Day – June 18th (Rain Date June 19th)
- Mark your calendars! This year our tabloid day will take place on June 18th. Students from the grade five classes will be running a variety of stations for our students from K-4. Students will spend the afternoon participating in a variety of activities with the chance of cashing in their success at stations for prizes. Please contact Mme Kirk if you are able to volunteer on that day.